Freshly starting January 2018, and as every year I’m questioning myself about what should I bring with me and what should I leave behind. I love this period between Christmas and New Year’s where you don’t know which day it is but you still find time to reflect about your past year. Mine has been filled by many ups and downs (but that’s how it works isn’t it?), some good and some that we called ‘lessons’. Let me get back to my 2017’s highlights 🙂
HIGHLIGHTS OF 2017
- I left my job where I didn’t feel happy anymore. I realized I wasn’t excited to wake up and go to work and even if I do not give up easily, but after months of complain and when it started to affect my personal life, I had to react to protect myself. So, it was the first time of my life I had to deal with quitting a job. Let me tell you, it’s a really though task for a someone like me. The fear of disappointing someone else has always been a struggle, and it suddenly took its sense. I probably would have left my inner self destroy itself to not have to face my boss. Anyway, after weeks of hesitation and nightmares, I finally took the courage to quit and 3 weeks later I was officially gone. #littlevictory
- So obviously that meant that I started a new job. New job often lead to excitement, stress and fear of the unknown but I was taking that challenge with ambition. Kinda simple after what I went through with my old job. I needed that light of hope to recover and find my inner peace again. It’s still not my dream job but I’m feeling grateful for all the new experience I can take as it will definitely make me grow.
- I took some distance from negative people. It was definitely hard to do but as a highly sensitive person, I care too much about my loved ones and sometimes forgot about me – which is not healthy. “Love yourself first” is one of my #goal for 2018. Anyway, I will always care for the ones that matter to me but I will just rebuild more carefully those relationships by avoiding negativity through our moments.
- I moved in a new place. Bigger, brighter and almost tastefully furnished ! I was living in my old apartment for 3 years and as my lease expired, it was the perfect timing for some change a build a new home.
- I travel and discover new places. Such as Lisbon, Amsterdam, Southwest of France, Turkey and London. Definitely more to come in 2018 !
AMBITIONS FOR 2018
This year more than any other, I decide to learn more & more, to explore new horizons, to work harder, to become braver, stronger and to keep determination all the way. Easy to say, maybe. But I choose the positivity to believe that I can and I will do it rather than being pessimistic. I listed below my main goals, hoping it might inspire some of you. I will keep you updated of all my achievements through the year.
- Find a food program that fits me the best. I mean, who else here is struggling with the post-holidays food overdose? So for this year, I really wanted to do something more then just a detox week, I started a full month of Whole30 with one cheatmeal per week. Gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, alcohol-free. A real challenge! Boyfriend is so happy! Update on the blog soon 🙂
- Spend less = save more. I really have a shopping addiction, so this is gonna be my next biggest challenge ! I committed myself to a Shopping-free January! Can you imagine ?? I don’t. And guess what? It’s the sale! Probably the worst time of the entire year to do something like this! Please, meet my craziness. Terrible ideas included.
- Taking yoga classes. It’s never too late to start, she said. I’ve been dreaming of yogalites for years, and it took me 4 days to book a class of Yoga (for beginners, first) since I made that resolution. Not bad uh? Let’s see this on a long-term program. Plus a workout weekly session, we should be all good for summer!
- Learn a new language. I think that nowadays, it’s pretty easy to learn a new language through all these apps, you don’t really need to pay for after work courses if you’re running out of time. Well, it will ask you more orderliness but I challenge myself to learn Italian. It’s not the most difficult language in the world so I’m confident about it.
- Take care of myself. Self improvement is kinda the word of the year, close to self-discovery ’cause we never stop learning about ourselves. But I really mean to focus on self care and mindfulness. I need to work on my inner peace and this blog is the first step of this process.
- Travel more, where I’ve never been yet. So this point actually will depend on multiple facts. It requires time and budget. Both things I’m struggling with these past months. So from February, I will really try to save money, especially to be able to make new trips around the world. Dreaming about Bali, Canada, Mexico, and so many other places on my bucket list. But I take the challenge to do at least 2 of these destinations during 2018. It doesn’t have to last weeks and to be expensive. I have a backpacker spirit too! But I mean, considering a retreat in Bali would be …. priceless. Any retreats in fact. I’ll take them all!
I think I went around most of my new priorities. Health, Self care & Lifestyle = my 3 favorites categories! Now that you have learned a little bit more about me, let me know what you think ! I’ll be grateful to hear from you and to share my journey of this new year coming up with you guys!
Sweet thoughts to all of you <3